Chill Out Music- Mattina By V Dimension
Bloggers Are Disrupting the Fabric of Society, AGAIN *haa*
"I started Paleo because what I was doing (basically eating SAD, not thinking about diet, and never exercising any more) had turned me from a smokin’ hot, excellent athlete into a pumpkin-shaped bag of sand. There are some medical reasons as well, but those only amplified the problem.Quoted on Richard Nikoley's blog FTA by Michael P (@PizSez blog) on the pulsing, sublime post 'And why are you paleo?'.
Then one day I read a post somewhere in which Diana Hsieh mentioned
Paleo and FTA and MDA. So I came here (here first because you have the cooler blog title), read my first ever paleo article, and had that “middle finger” moment. (I’d had my “middle finger to religion” moment long before.) Apart from a detour where meds I had to be on fucked everything up for about 9 months (despite remaining Paleo), everything has been smooth sailing.
So Diana was the trigger, and you, Richard, are the smoking gun."
'Middle Finger' Movement
It appears to me that amongst the most vocal individuals who have embraced Paleo/Ancestral/Primal lifestyles, there are a bunch middle-finger moments which may add up to h*ll of a lot of moments. Will it crescendo? Grow to be heard? Granted there are all different flavors and versions of 'paleo' so I have no idea which contortion will speak to mainstream. Personally I enjoy somewhere in the middle between the Lynda Frasetto version and Nora Gedgaudes translation. From my observations, 'middle finger' moments are not a common theme on every blog or every forum but the most ardent do not deny it. Following any version of 'paleo' wreaks havoc on people surrounding us who unquestioningly support and follow authorities with titles and engage in formalized associations (AMA, ADA, AHA, FDA, USDA, etc). Apparently it is sacrilege to omit an entire 'food group' (wheat/grains) and decline to engage in scavenging off by-products of grain subsidies (by eschewing grains/GMO/gluten, grain-fed livestock/pork/poultry, and processed junk food products) which put money from the pockets of tax-payers to the pockets government to subsidized farmers back to the deep pockets of Monsanto, pesticide producers and other parasites.
- Zoo Keeper Selection Day FTA
- Penis Enlargement: Lose Weight More classic FTA
- What Was Your Wakeup Call? J. Stanton Gnolls.org, 70+ comments and paleo stories
- Steve Cooksey's Blog: Diabetes Warrior [Taking the American Diabetes Association to task and how he reversed T2DM with paleo and HIIT]
- Nutrition and Metabolism Society
- Can't trust NPR... PH thread
- Can't trust Dr.Oz... PH thread but we already knew that from Robb Wolf 'Framework Matters'
- What has been the best unintended consequence of your paleo lifestyle? [One of my favorite threads of uncomparable paleo stories Paleohacks.com]
- Defining moment on Paleo? [Another fave]
- Litmus test...look in the mirror! No fancy modern med testing needed. PH thread, o-k-a-y it's penises again
- The Future of Our Food, movie
I have a middle finger too. I exercise it. EVERYDAY. *ahaa ha!*
Meditation (middle-finger meditation)
Bloggers Have Destroyed Fabric of SocietyBlog-asm II: More Bloggers Disrupting Fabric of Society