Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Heal Yourself Radio EP 002 - FROM DRUGS TO BUGS

Heal Yourself Radio with chiropracter and hawt Crossfit athlete, Dr Jonathan Chung DC

EP 002 - FROM DRUGS TO BUGS

On this week’s episode of Heal Yourself Radio we’re talking to Dr. Grace Liu, a functional medicine expert with a doctorate in pharmacy. Her area of expertise involves the clinical applications of one of the hottest topics in science and medicine, the gut micro biome. This interview is full of great information about the importance of your gut bacteria, what foods to use to support it, and what to do if you’ve been on antibiotics. We also had a lot of fun talking about poop, whose poop Dr. Grace wants inside of her, and what might make my feces so interesting. It was a really fun interview, and I think you are all in for a little treat.

Save 10% on any uBiome kit or product with Dr.Chung's referral code
http://ubiome.refr.cc/638H9RC #microbiome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr Grace,

I'm hoping to treat my ADD and dandruff, the latter got only slightly better after Nystatin/lower-carb. I just got my gut results from Ubiome and it looks like I'm missing a few phylum, mine only shows 4: Firmicutes, Bacteroides and tiny amounts of Proteobacteria and Actinobacteria, rest is unclassified. As far as the genus, very high Bacteroides, while good guys like Bifidobacterium and Roseburia are low. Lactobacillus doesn't even show up in genus level, I guess I'm not taking as much probiotics as I thought. The family Enterobacteriaceae is also very low, I will try to get Mutaflor for that as my e-coli may be gone too.

If some important bacteria is completely missing from my results, such as Akkermansia, does this mean it's extinct or just so low that uBiome can't pick it up? I already eat plenty of your recommended prebiotics and unwashed veggies, but may consider fecal transplant if that alone isn't enough.

Thanks for your help, I really enjoy your blog and podcasts.