Enjoy Part 1!
- 'Science writer Ed Yong says the Christensenellaceae bacteria might be a “keystone” species, “one that wields a disproportionate influence upon the world around it.”' Source: Genetic Literacy Project "Why do we gain weight or remain slim? Genes, microbes and now genes for microbes"
- Human Genetics Shape the Gut Microbiome (Ley et al, Cell 2014)
- Christensenellaceae associates with a lean BMI
- Christsenella reduce weight gains in germ-free transplant experiments
- Tony Federico's
- Christensenellaceae 4.35% (5-fold higher; ubiome avg=0.844%)
- Christsenella 0.0224% (2-fold higher; ubiome avg=0.0120%)